Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 8: I am THANKFUL for GENEROSITY (late edition)


A few years ago, I made really decent money.  I had an awesome apartment and a car.  I was able to take care of myself and I was self sufficient.  I was able to splurge on frivolous things.  It was a good life that I was comfortable living.  I never really took into consideration how much that would change or how much I would change along with it.


I never truly considered myself a prideful person until after my daddy died and my world changed.  I am not the kind of person that likes to ask for help.  I have a helping spirit.  I do whatever I can for someone I care about and I do it without expectation.  Generally if there is a need, I assist.  My friends would tell you that whatever I have is there’s without many limitations.  This attribute has been both a blessing and a curse. I do not comfortably accept or ask for help. Though, I have gotten much better at both.  I am truly my father's daughter (mistaking my pride for weakness). I don't want to need help and surely don't want to ask for it.  I haven’t really been a hand out type of person.  I have always believed that hard work and dedication do not go unnoticed but that is not always true.  While being in my storm, I have been learning about myself which is quite humbling.   
I am THANKFUL that I have realized that it is not weak to accept help when you need it.  I am thankful that there have been people in my life that have given help when I needed/wanted.  All the times that there was money slipped, nights out and wine in – hair appointments and rides given.   I am THANKFUL that I have realized that sometimes it is sometimes a blessing to someone else to be able to do for me.  I am THANKFUL that I have realized that doing for someone sometimes come back through other people and not always for the people that you did for.  I am THANKFUL for the GENEROSITY of people.

No comments:

COPYRIGHT

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected