Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 7: I am THANKFUL for ENCOURAGEMENT...


I am THANKFUL that for ENCOURAGEMENT.   I have found that I always want to be there for someone else.  It seems easier to be there for someone else in spite of my situational circumstances.  I am a natural ENCOURAGER.  I feel better knowing that I have uplifted another’s spirit.  I am thankful for that.

There seems to always be a moment of confirmation through ENCOURAGEMENT.  A few months ago, a minister from my church died after being in a coma for over a year.  She was very special to me.  She was my person.  She had a way of always saying the right something or sending the perfect email and always having the perfect yet simple word of ENCOURAGEMENT.   There were times when I felt defeated and she shared her ENCOURAGEMENT without even knowing the situation.  She was a powerful example of a wonderful woman with a kind thing to say and an ear to lend.  We sent emails, had phone calls and every now a then she would send me a card.  There were times when she would just say I I am proud of you and you are becoming a wonderful woman.  Simple and sweet and full of ENCOURGAEMENT.  It was in her hugs, her tones and her actions.  When she died, I felt a little broken but then I referred back to some of our past emails and was immediately ENCOURAGED.  It’s a blessing to know that the same way that I have done for others is done for me.  Confirmation that I have been doing the right thing because it comes back to me.

She along a few others that have been there for me during my father’s death, my character building experiences and my growing pains often gave me ENCOURAGEMENT.  I am so THANKFUL that God has put people in my life to share their uplifting words and generous acts of kindness.  This is so important to me and makes me feel stronger. I often write about doubt and it’s very real.  I am not the only person in the world going through things.  We all have things in our lives going on and it is our choice how we deal or cope with it.  My logical/intelligent self knows better that to wallow but my emotions sometimes get the best of me.  When it gets hard to ENCOURAGE myself, I am thankful that there are people in my life that set their selves aside to lend me some ENCOURAGEMENT.

I love the song ENCOURAGE YOURSELF and hope that you will all be ENCOURAGED today.

3 comments:

Don said...

Ditto. Offer of encouragement here, as well. It all derives from those moments where I might've felt the exact same way someone is feeling and my soul cannot help but to offer words and gestures that will perhaps make a difference in that person's spirit.

tha unpretentious narcissist© said...

i live for encouragement..i agree wit Don above it makes a difference in a person's spirit, as well as your own.

Freckles said...

love.

COPYRIGHT

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected