Tomorrow is my 33rd birthday so I am on a mission to get these all done in the next 2 years
35 BEFORE 35
1. Get a new passport – I plan on doing this as soon as possible. I have some big plans and it is necessary to have.
2. Hookah Lounge
3. Step Class (ole school Chicago stepping)
4. See Jill Scott in Concert again (she is amazing and I love her). It would be awesome to see her in Philly and then go to an Eagles game (perfect)
5. Go to a Eagles game in Philly
6. Host a wine tasting event
7. Go on a cruise – stamps on my passport
8. Vacation with my girls – a real girlfriend getaway
9. Host a brunch start to finish at my house (garden party) – I love to cook so I want to plan the menu, decorate, make real invitations – the full event (I’m crafty).
10. Build my savings
11. Attend the Essence Festival and actually attend the concerts
12. Develop a creative business for myself that I will actually grow
13. Put a dent in my student loans – That awesomely wonderful HBCU education is/was expensive
14. Complete my book(s) and publish them
15. Move out of Los Angeles again (improve my quality of life by growing up)
16. Vacation with a man that I love (hopefully but we shall see – this is an entire post of its own)
17. Start bartending again – I miss it. I miss the social aspect the intensity and if you don’t use it you lose it)
18. Stay involved with my Alumni Association (Fisk University)
19. See a Broadway Show in NY
21. Build another scrapbook of something monumental event
22. Purchase a fantastic pair of Designer shoes
23. I would like to be married or at least engaged
24. Visit some of my blog buddies or at least one (there are a couple that I would like to meet in person – they already know who they are)
25. Go Camping with all the specialties. I am not really and outdoorsy chick but I have had some conversations that make it sound fun. It will be a group outing that I will have to coordinate. I am getting kind of excited about it.
26. Learn more about wine and sangria
27. Start sewing (using the machine that I already have for real – I need to make something good. My mom has these awesome patterns from the 70s when she made all her clothing. I admire that about her. She tried to teach me when I was younger but I lacked interest).
28. Take my mother and grandmother on a vacation
29. Road Trip by way a Diners, Drive in and Dives – I love Guy
30. Ride in Hot Air Balloon with someone special
31. Grow a garden. Not truly my thing but I hear that it is relaxing.
32. Sky Dive
33. Become more involved with Diabetes Prevention Charity
34. Visit Daddy’s grave – still haven’t been. I need to make that happen.
35. Convince my friends to hold me to this list.