Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy Freckles - RIP

I cant help but to admire little girls waking hand and hand with their fathers.  To see the smiles on their faces as they feel so safe and secure.  There is something very special about the love a girl has for her father.  After all, her father is her first true love. 

While working at a bank a young lady came in and said that she wanted to surprise her father.  She hadn't seen him in a few months. She asked me to get him to the reception desk but not to tell him why.  I paged him and he obliged.  Once he came up to the front he saw her and he was overwhlemed with emotion as was she.  They embraced and in that moment I felt their love.  It was special and so genuine.  In that moment, as happy I was for her I was a little jealous.  I wish that it were my moment with my father. 
There is not a day that I do not think about him.  There is not a day that I do not wish for an opportunity to love on him.  It has been 2 years since his death and the pain is still very much there.  There is not a day that I do not miss him and yearn for him to tell me that all will be ok.  I wish.  I would give anything to be able give him the tightest hug ever and just look him in his face. Be able to just sit down and have a conversation about life and love. 

Today is my daddy's birthday and though he is not on this earth with me any longer, I always have him in my heart.  I am going to do my best to honor him today.  I am going to do my best to not feel overcome with sorrow.  On this day, I am going to try to be a little stronger.  I will talk to him and try to feel him.  I am so blessed to have had a father that loved me so much.  He was involved, cared and shared with me as much of him as possible.  He was my daddy.  My love and my heart. 

I encourage all those that still have their fathers or father figures in their lives to love them a little more today.  Let them know that you appreciate them.  Have a moment that you will be able to hold close to you forever.  Don't let a moment pass without saying that you love them.  Life is too short to hold grudges or hold your emotions to yourself and regret with a side of guilt are burdens that aren't worth enduring.  Create a moment for your forever.  You will appreciate it later.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY - I LOVE YOU & MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!
Rest In Peace

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm sorry that your heart is hurting.


happy birthday daddy freckles.

Freckles said...

Awwww... Thank you Stephanie. I sincerely appreciate it.

COPYRIGHT

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected