Monday, November 23, 2009

Girl Compliments: 1 Shoe at a Time


So, I am fairly certain that I haven't shared this with you all yet but I have gotten part time job at my favorite place – DSW. I know I know – I know better but if I know nothing else I know shoes and it may make me feel better and I LOVE SHOES!!! It has been cool and I actually really like it. I hope that they give me more hours and I am still looking for a full time gig – so I am open to any and all opportunities – Let your girl know if you have any leads.

I would like to believe that I am a girl's girl just as much as a guy's girl. I check them out everywhere and never feel hesitant to tell them when they are doing something right. I check them out – in my most non lesbianesque (to each their own but I love men and all aspects of men) way possible of course. I love that women are able to switch up and make their styles personal. We have the ability to change it up with a shoe, play with colors, hair styles, make-up, earrings, handbags etc. We all tweak things and make them our own look. I look to other women for inspiration. I often find myself staring so to speak and then I feel the need to share how great her something is. A compliment can go along way especially in the shoe store. Women come in and take their shoe off and look at everything. I try to encourage them to try it on even when they feel as if it is not their steelo. I have said it before but shoes can make any woman feel sexy and/or empowered so why not try it. They often have that I am not sure face and then I come through and tell them the truth and give them possible outfit ideas. You can never go wrong with a sexy tight and pencil skirt or fitted jeans. I cannot tell you how many times I have head well I didn't think about that. It's awesome to encourage a woman's confidence. I often wonder why we as women do not take the time to uplift one another. We do not often enough take the time to pass on a mere compliment such as girl, that is a great haircut or I love your earrings. It is really that simple. We are often quick to tear a woman down by stating her flaws opposed to uplifting her strengths.
I have been able to see wonderfully beautiful women and plain Janes in DSW. They often stroll through feeling happy, overwhelmed, sad, disappointed and looking for a feel good pick me up which is symbolic in our love for shoes. When I was able to shop for shoes, I would shoe stroll when I was happy, sad, and lonely or simply feeling some kind of way. Shoes have that something for me and now I see that I am not the only one. All of this to say, I am wonderful ecstatic to be amongst the girls at the shoe warehouse. DSW has been good for me and I definitely like that environment. It allows me to escape some of my own BS and live vicariously through other shoe lovers and their buying experiences. Some women need some additional encouragement and added push in their selections so I am there for them. Some need to just feel better and come for shoes because it makes them feel better. I know that feeling too. Whatever it may be they come to feel better about something and that includes themselves. I see it and try to make it as pleasant as possible by providing suggestions and some additional conversation along the way. You never know who you will meet at the shoe store. There are a number of different personalities, cultures, sizes, shapes and styles. While working I am able to stand back and watch the people of course while providing the utmost customer service. Some of them I admire from afar and some I strike up conversations to learn them. There are good conversations to be had and it is always amazing how open strangers can be when they are relaxed. Last weekend I met a very cool chick that I hope to become friends with and she seemed to want to oblige. She came by to pick some fantastically sexy shoes. I wanted to know who she was because it takes a stylish woman to pull these off. You can tell a lot about a woman by her shoes. She was very cool, laid back, had a fly haircut, great swag and had great taste in shoes. We chatted and chatted and chatted. We conversed on all sorts of subjects and agreed to be friends – ha!!! I even told her about this blog.
There is a more positive aesthetic there and we all seem to be more in tune with each other (for the most part). I would like to believe that women are not as catty all the time and we can overcome this negative stereotype. I recently read a great blog about women embracing and encouraging other women [check it out here] which I think starts with self and love that we have spiritually with ourselves. There is something prevailing about genuine confidence. There is nothing sexier other than shoes. Please check out some of my shoe favorites from DSW…












ALL AVAILABLE AT DSW.COM
I know Shameless Plug – lol.

4 comments:

Beauty in Rare Form said...

Your taste is shoes is ALL THAT, BFF!!! For realz girl. I need to hit the road and come raid your closet because I am not the best when it comes to picking shoes. I rarely buy them at all. What the hell is wrong with ME!!! I just think it's a matter of me not treating myself as well as I should. But you know what? You were speaking up top about the "package deal swag" with the hair, shoes, and all that. I think that's what I need like ASAP. I have been playing around with getting my hair chopped and I am closer to it as soon as I get a color in mind. So, there will need to be a whole new wardrobe and shoes to go with it. Stay tuned in the New Year, Chica!!!

Hugs and Kisses

Freckles said...

Hey Traci. You know you should check out my links on FB - I am obsessed and it is a bit of a problem - lol. If only I can get my finances together to be able to afford shoes. The recession has really hit home. You know I am always always here for you if you need anything. You are beautiful as you are but updating is always good for the confidence. I am working on being a healthier me along with finding some job security.

Anonymous said...

I am an avid shoe lover as well (haven't bought a new pair in a while, the recession is an issue for me too). I'd love to work part-time at DSW, but that could be dangerous for a self-proclaimed shop-a-holic like myself. Lol.

Freckles said...

its not as bad you thinkg. I have to be responsible but I vicariously live through people's purchases - lol. It feels almost as good.

COPYRIGHT

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected