Now I am knocking on 35 in just 3 months. There is still some hope. Some of these things I am still hoping to make good on. Ha. There is some interesting commentary below. It is amazing how my thought process was when I created this list and how I see it now. There are some not gonna happen things below that I will exchange for something else and there is some things that I hope will happen before I turn 36.
1. Get a new passport – I plan on doing this as soon as possible. I have some big plans and it is necessary to have. In the process
3. Step Class (ole school Chicago stepping) maybe a Pole Class instead
4. See Jill Scott in Concert again (she is amazing and I love her). Almost went to see her this past weekend but my work schedule didn’t allow it but there is still hope.
5. Go to a Philadelphia Eagles game
7. Go on a cruise – stamps on my passport uhm…. Im not sure about this one anymore after all those boats were having all those issues but I am thinking that I can still make this happen while 35 – we shall see
with my girls – a real girlfriend getaway – well…
technically this happened last year
(Vegas) but all my girls didn’t make it – DO OVER TRIP
9. Host a brunch start to finish at my house (garden party) – I love to cook so I want to plan the menu, decorate, make real invitations – the full event (I’m crafty). – technically I sent invitation and we went to brunch. It was awesome but I havent hosted one at my house yet.
10. Build my savings – uhm…. Yeah… still a work in progress
11. Attend the Essence Festival and actually attend the concerts
12. Develop a creative business for myself that I will actually grow
13. Put a dent in my student loans – That awesomely wonderful HBCU education is/was expensive - uhm…. Yeah… still a work in progress
14. Complete my book(s) and publish them - uhm…. Yeah… still a work in progress
15. Move out of Los Angeles again (improve my quality of life by growing up)
16. Vacation with a man that I love (hopefully but we shall see – this is an entire post of its own) - smh
17. Start bartending again – I miss it. I miss the social aspect the intensity and if you don’t use it you lose it
19. See a Broadway Show in NY
21. Build another scrapbook of something monumental event
22. Purchase a fantastic pair of Designer shoes
23. I would like to be married or at least engaged – yeah that’s not looking good but that’s ok. I sure wish…
24. Visit some of my blog buddies or at least one (there are a couple that I would like to meet in person – they already know who they are) – may happen soon.
25. Go Camping with all the specialties. I am not really and outdoorsy chick but I have had some conversations that make it sound fun. It will be a group outing that I will have to coordinate but I may be up for the challenge.
27. Start sewing (using the machine that I already have for real – I need to make something good. My mom has these awesome patterns from the 70s when she made all her clothing. I admire that about her. She tried to teach me when I was younger but I lacked interest).
28. Take my mother and grandmother on a vacation
29. Road Trip by way a Diners, Drive in and Dives – I love Guy
30. Ride in Hot Air Balloon with someone special
31. Grow a garden. Not truly my thing but I hear that it is relaxing.
to a healthy me (workout and eat better and lose some weight) - still a work in progress
33. Become more involved with Diabetes Prevention Charity
34. Visit Daddy’s grave – still not sure if I am read go. I need to make that happen.
35. Convince my friends to hold me to this list. – Everyone seems to be going through and dealing with something. It tough but let’s see what I can get crossed off the list by October – December.