Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12: I am THANKFUL for my family...

I am THANKFUL for my family.  No one can pick or choose their family members but I am grateful for the family that God has given me. I have learned and have been blessed by so many different members.  They have each impacted my life in such a way that has made me a appreciation for growth.
I am THANKFUL that I was able to grow up with my grandmothers.  My paternal grandmother died NYE 2011.  She was my link to my daddy. We use to sit on the phone comforting each other and catching up on current events.  She use to tell some of the dirtiest jokes. All of the grandkids had a special relationship with her.  She was always open and available.  You could tell her any and everything and she didn’t hold back on you. She had a way of telling it like it is ALWAYS.  I am THANKFUL for that.  I am THANKFUL that I spoke to her before she died.  She told me that she was proud of me and loved me as I her.  I am THANKFUL that she died knowing how much I loved and appreciated her - BLESSING.

I am THANKFUL for my maternal grandmother.  She lives down the street from me – about 1 mile down the street.  She will be 80 in February - BLESSING.  She is something else and very special to me.  We have a very special relationship and I feel bad that I have recently been so caught up in me that I don’t spent as much time with her as I need/want to but I am going to do better.  She likes to converse about my love life and we enjoy dishing about stuff.  I love our times of conversation.  Earlier this year she got really sick and it was scary but God chose to keep her with us.  I am THANKFUL for her.
My father has/had 7 siblings (6 aunts and 1 uncle) and my mother has 1 (uncle). 


I have a sister who is the bestest.  I often say that one of the best things that God ever gave me is my sister.  I am THANKFUL that I have had the pleasure of watching her grow up into a wonderful woman, wife and mother.  She was my first baby. I am so proud of her.  She has given me 2 beautiful kids (a nephew and a niece) and a wonderful brother-in-law. I am THANKFUL for my sister.
I am THANKFUL that my family is made of several different people.  We are a plethora of different components that make a complete unit.

1 comment:

Reggie said...

Nice post, I'm thankful for my family as well......well, most of them anyway.

COPYRIGHT

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected