Monday, January 11, 2010

Thankfulness: Genuine Friendships

" A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart,
chaff and grain together,
knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it,
keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away."

THANKFULNESS

I have some friends in particular that have really been there for me.  They mean the world to me.  I try to tell them as much as possible. They make me better.  They have held me together.  I pray for them all the time.  I am so thankful that they are in my life.  They are such wonderful people that deserve much more than my gratitude.  I do not have the words to sincerely express my love and/or appreciation for them.  I can only hope that they can feel my heart and the honor that hold for each of them. 
THANKFULNESS

I have a couple of girlfriends from highschool/college that have offered hugs, words of encourage, vent sessions, love and support as I have been dealing with the passing of my father.  There were people that I hadn't really known cared as much as they did.  They didnt pry or ask alot of questions being nosey.  They sporatically check in to just make sure that I am ok and say hey, I was just thinking about you.  It warms my heart especially when there were people that I thought were closer.  I had not spoken to them on the regular but they were genuine in their care.
THANKFULLNESS
Recently, I recieved a card that touched me and it is amazing how on time it was.  It said (Outside): "Time for a God loves you beak in your day (Inside): you are loved, valued, honored and special-today and always.  I am so grateful that this person thought enough of me to share a moment and a thought.  I didn't quite have words to sincerely describe how wonderful it was to read those words.  It made me smile from the inside out.  It made me feel so special and also made me tear up a bit - although I am just an emotional rollercoaster but that is a totally other something.  It was nice to hear (read).  
THANKFULNESS
Sometimes we need to be encouraged.  Sometimes we have good, bad and so so days.  There are times when we just feel some kind of way and we sometimes where the mask to not show our hearts to the world.
THANKFULNESS
Recently, I got a phone call from a friend that I hadnt spoken to in a while.  She simply said, I was thinking about you and thought that I would call you right now.  She didnt really have much to share about her but wanted to talk about me.  It was nice to just chat.  She was sincere and cared to listen. It was special.
THANKFULNESS
I have a friend that has been like brother to me.  He has always been there for me and always will be.  Even though he has some serious stuff going on in his life, he takes the time to make sure that I am ok.  He sometimes sends me a text saying hey lil sis, thinking about you and love you - which are always on time.  He is special to me and I hold him so close to my heart.  It is so amazing to me that one can have life happening to them but set themselves aside to consider someone else as he does me. 
THANKFULNESS
Recently, I made some pillows for a friend and when she came by to get them. we conversed - caught up and it was nice.  She slipped me something and said she just wanted to help and that she loved me.  She then said she didn't want to hear anything about it.  I just laughed and said whatever.  It was so kind and so special and sincere.  I only hope that she knows how much I appreciate her friendship.
THANKFULNESS
I have a new friend that reminds me that she is here for me all the time. She reads my blog from time to time and always reminds me that she is available if I need her. We share and it just feels genuine.  She cares just because and it is always nice to have someone that just wants to be there.  She knows that I am here for her too - well at least I hope she does.
THANKFULNESS
It is a blessing to have people in your life that hold you so close to their hearts that they can feel when  you are not so much yourself.  They feel the desire to contact you, reach out and share their thoughts of you with you.  That is something to truly be thankful for.   It is a blessing to know that someone is for you when it seems that the world is against you or when your world seems to be falling apart.  It's even more special when they do not even know that you are going through some things in your head or your heart and they just so happen to provide a word of encouragement.  When the care enough to care about you with no strings.  No expectations.  No boundaries.  That is when its truly genuine - authenticity at its best.


Just feeling thankful for my friendships -
no matter how big or small.


Peace & Blessings,
FRECKLES...

No comments:

COPYRIGHT

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected